Telltale's Walking Dead - Should you buy it?



You may be put off by Telltale's minimalist graphics and 'point and click' style game play, but let me tell you, this game went far beyond what I expected and I'm sure will go far beyond what you expect, should you choose to buy it.

What it lacks in game play and visuals it makes up in story telling and character development. Some would even say that it is better than the T.V. show for this. Every decision you make throughout the game can sculpt the way you interact with the other characters and can even be the difference between life and death for them. This allows us to have a unique and engaging experience and also shows us what kind of moral development we have, if any.

The two main characters, Lee and Clementine, are equally interesting with heavily contrasting backgrounds however they compliment each other incredibly well. I tried to create the best bond I could with Clementine in my play through, but you can be a dick to her if you want to. 

The only real issues I had with the game was, firstly, the combat, which was either 'tap Q' or shoot the zombie before the time runs out. I know the game isn't meant to be an action game, and despite these moments being quite tense, I would have preferred something that required more interaction rather than just tapping keys as fast as I could. And secondly, I would have really liked it if the story was dramatically changed if you make a wrong decision or miss an opportunity, because although the relationship between the characters changes with your decision making, the story still follows a set path. This isn't a big problem at all, however I would like to see it integrated into future Telltale games.

If you haven't got it already and you were thinking about getting it...

Should you buy it?? Yeah, obvs. 8/10

Comments

Popular Posts